This is a guide to the available bursaries offered by various companies to the South African students who are furthering or intending to further their studies at the South African high schools or institutions of higher education. This guide is not a substitute for the information provided by the respective bursary offices. This guide should be read in conjunction with the company bursary websites and any information provided by bursary institutions to obtain current and relevant information that may change as part of different company policies.
- Engineering and related studies' bursaries at Transnet. Closing date is 31 July.
- PwC bursaries at the following areas: Bloemfontein, Cape Town, Johannesburg, Kimberley. Closing date is 31 July 2013
- Bursary opportunities at Eskom Closing date is 31 July 2013
- BSC Civil Engineering bursaries at WK Consulting: For more information call 0112062000 or send an email to email@example.com Closing date is 30 June 2013.
- Engineering bursaries at Murray & Roberts.Closing date is 10 June 2013
- Bursaries at Harmony Gold Mining Company. Closing date is 31 May 2013.
- Bursary opportunities at KPMG Closing dates vary
- Xtrata bursaries
- Arcelormittal bursaries for Engineering and related fields: For more information send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date is 28 February and 31 May 2013 depending on the course.
- Chartered Accountant bursaries by BDO Spencer Steward. open now .
- Deloitte Bursaries . Open Now.
- MTN bursaries For more information send an email to MTNBursaries@mtn.co.za . Closing date not specified
- NSFAS bursary (applications should be done at the academic insitutions) . Closing date not specified.
- Engineering and Science bursaries by PRASA or more information call 0117731426 . Open now.
- Bursaries managed by the University of Pretoria For more information call 0124203111. Closing date - varies.
Visit the following links for more information regarding Bursaries:
- Bursary guide by gAL
- Bursary guide by PACE
- Bursary guide by VUMA!
- Bursary guide by Bursary.co.za
- Bursary guide by Brand South Africa
- Bursary guide by Funza Lushaka bursaries
- Bursary guide by The Bursary Institute of SA
- Bursary guide by The Careers Portal
- Bursary guide by Career Planet
Search for Busaries at the SETAs
If you have a mobile device with Internet access, you can access this website at: www.gostudy.mobi
REAP - The Rural Education Access Programme
The Rural Education Access Programme assists students from poor rural communities to access tertiary education. REAP provides rural students with a support and development programme to enable success with their studies. It aims to develop confident young South Africans, with capacity and sound values. Visit the following link for more information.
If you are looking to finance your studies, you could raise part of the money through a bursary and part through a loan. You would still most likely need to work part-time as well. Most people have to work their way through their studies! These links may help you to find some of the possible sources of funds. If you come across more sources of funds you think will help others, please let us know. You can comment on this page and on our Facebook Page.