1. What type of study funding can I get?
There are three types of study funding, namely scholarship, bursary and study loan. Read more.
2. What is NSFAS and who qualifies to apply for the NSFAS?
NSFAS is the South African government student loan and bursary scheme meant for the South African students studying or intending to study at government academic institutions. Read more
3. Where can I find more information about NSFAS?
4. Does the Department of Higher Education and Training offer any financial assistance to study at private Colleges and private Universities?
5. Where can I get bursaries to study BEd
The Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme is a teaching bursary. The bursary is available to South African citizens who have been accepted into a recognized and accredited higher education institution who have a valid South African ID who intent to study a teaching qualification (Bachelor of Education). The applicant must meet the Funza Lushaka selection criteria as well in order to be eligible. To find out more click here.
6. Does the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) offer Scholarships for Studying Abroad?
The DHET receives different international scholarships from partner countries such as Russia, Chile, China and European Union. Please be informed that these offers come with different requirements and fields of study. Read more