Funding your studies
Click to view what is available in these categories
Private company bursaries
- The candidate must be a South African Citizen with bar coded ID
- A minimum of 70% in Mathematics and English in Grade 11
- Actuarial Sciences
- Quantitative Risk Management
- Business Analytics/Data Science
- Financial Mathematics
Applied and Visual Art
Current matric learners and candidates who have successfully completed their matric year and may be eligible for higher education studies.
- Tourism and hospitality
- Math, Science and Technology
Applicants must reside and be registered full time for undergraduate study at a higher education institution in the Western Cape
Coding and Web Design
- BSc Property Studies
- BSc Urban and Regional Planning
- BSc Construction Studies
- BCom Finance with Property Valuation and Management as a major
- BSc Quantity Surveying
- BCom Property Valuation and Management
- BSc Town and Regional Planning
- BSc Real Estate
- BSc Property Management
Plants and Animals
Tertiary education (TE) AND/OR Further education and training (FET) studies in programmes/ courses relevant to the table grape industry and its value chain will be considered, including but not limited to:
- Horticultural Science
- Plant Pathology
- Soil Science
- Agricultural Economy
Undergraduate studies or postgraduate studies.
Part time or full time studies.
Funding of study costs of students working on (SATI funded) research projects.
South African citizen
Must be looking to pursue a career in the table grape industry or value chain
Minimum grade 12 qualification for TE studies
Individuals who have attained above average results
Individuals who have secured a partnership with a career mentor
Individuals with a proof of acceptance or registration at an accredited TE or FET institution or who have been accepted within an industry related research project
- BSc (Hons) – Applicants that have obtained a minimum pass of 60%
- Masters – Applicants that have obtained a minimum pass of 60%
South African citizens
Medicine in Cuba
Candidates must have a university entrance Grade 12 pass with the following minimum level 4 pass mark in these subjects:
South African citizens or permanent residents of Gauteng
Ages between 18 and 35 years
Science & Mathematics
PhD or MSc degree in Astrophysics
South African citizens will be given preference but the scholarship is open to individuals of any nationaility
Studying at a South African university for the 2021 academic year
To apply, send the following documents, and nothing else, as a single pdf ﬁle by email to email@example.com:
- a cover letter,
- and academic transcripts.
The subject line of your email should contain your surname, the surname of the supervisor of the project you are applying for, and the level (PhD or MSc) at which you are applying.
Also arrange to have two referees send reference letter directly to firstname.lastname@example.org, by the application deadline, and with your name in the subject line.
For more information click here.
Science & Mathematics
Qualifications in Astrophysics (Honours and Masters)
Registered students studying an Honours or Masters qualification in Astrophysics.
For Honours students this is the application procedure-
First complete the online application form by clicking here.
Secondly email the following documents to email@example.com :
1. Full CV
2. Electronic copy of academic transcripts (official with university letterhead)
3. Copy of passport or SA ID document
For Masters applicants this is the application procedure-
You can apply directly at the following institutions:
- North West University
- University of Cape Town
- University of KwaZulu-Natal
Alternatively you can apply directly at the NRF, below is some information for how you can go about this:
- For more information on how to apply for NRF, please watch this video by clicking here
- For more information on the NRF Postgraduate Scholarships Application and Funding Guide click here
- To submit your application click here.
Note: different institutions have different closing dates, click here for more information.